What is PaaS Cloud Computing?
Platform as a Service or PaaS is a cloud computing model in which a third-party provider delivers hardware and software tools, usually, those which are required for application development to users over the internet is the answer to What is PaaS Cloud Computing?. The PaaS provider hosts the software and hardware on its own infrastructure. Thus, the user is freed from the trouble of installing software and hardware needed to develop or run a new application. Cloud computing still needs to be maintained with cloud monitoring tools ensuring that cloud computing based companies run without issue.
Platform as a Service enables the users to focus or concentrate on developing and running new applications rather than spend their time, money and energy in building and maintaining the underlying infrastructure.
The Benefits of PaaS Cloud Computing:
- It is very convenient for the user. They get a readymade infrastructure which they can access anywhere via a web browser.
- It eliminates the capital expenses incurred for on-premises hardware and software.
- PaaS providers charge on per use basis which reduces costs.
- They charge a monthly fee to access their service.
The Disadvantages of PaaS Cloud Computing:
- If the provider has issues with the service, it can have a direct impact on the productivity of the customer.
- Provider lock-in can become another serious concern as users do not find it easy to migrate many of the services and much of the data produced through one PaaS product to another computing product.
- If a PaaS provider opts to use a different set of developmental tools, it can again prove to be very disruptive for the user, even resulting in loss of business.
There are many PaaS providers in the market. It is important that users seek out those providers who meet their business and technical requirements.
One of the main advantages of Platform as a Service is the flexibility that it offers. Users can choose which features they need and avoid paying for those they do not need. Thus, PaaS leads to a faster development and delivery of applications, which is a huge plus for businesses in today’s technology-driven environment.