What is home automation? It’s the automatic control of features, activities, and appliances in your home. Through automation, electronic devices trigger each other. This means that you don’t have to control them manually.
That way, they can turn off the lights automatically when you go to sleep. You can also have your thermostat turn the A/C up an hour before you get home. It helps to ensure you don’t return to a stuffy house. Home automation makes life convenient. It can also save you money on cooling, heating, and electricity bills.
Home automation systems have three main elements:
- Sensors. They can monitor changes in daylight, temperatures, and motion detection. This enables home automation systems to adjust their settings to your preferences.
- Controllers. This refers to tablets, smartphones, or computers. You can use them to send and receive messages about the statuses of automated features.
- Actuators. These can be light switches or motorized valves. They’re used to control the actual mechanism of a home automation system. You can program them to be activated by a remote command from a controller.
Home automation systems streamline how your home functions. They offer comfort, remote access, convenience, and increased safety.
Table of Contents
Effective Marketing of Home Automation
Everybody loves convenience. That’s why the aviation industry, for instance, has made it easy to book your flight from the comfort of your smartphone. That is the beauty of technology. The convenience makes life easy. But what marketing strategies are used to market home automation products? Read on to find out.
1- Build a Website
Your online marketing strategy in home automation should start with building a website. Many web designers specialize in building websites for home automation. These can be more expensive compared to sites from a traditional web developer.
But the time you save in sourcing images and creating content can be immeasurable. It’s crucial that your website correctly represents your business. It should be a one-stop information portal for visitors.
While browsing the website, visitors should find out all they need to know about the business. If you’re selling intelligent bathroom faucets, include complimentary stylish bathtubs like standalone tubs and showers. All the details about the intelligent faucet and the standalone tubs with shower must address your client’s pain points.
You’ll have to include details about the efficiency features of an intelligent faucet. And the details about the water capacity of the freestanding tubs. Details about the size and inches of the products are very important. They help clients know whether the freestanding tub accessories will fit in their bathroom space.
The goal when developing the website should be to lure clients to contact you. Clients who need standalone tubs will land on a site that gives them the right details. And this is your best chance to market your solutions to them.
Note that visitors will move on without contacting you if they can’t get something worthwhile on your site.
2- Develop High-Value Content
When you go to the internet today, you’ll realize that there’s an outstanding volume of digital content. Your website’s content must be authoritative and trustworthy. This should also be the case when marketing your home automation products.
To get started, discourage short-term click-through content. Invest a lot of your resources in establishing programs that encourage high-value content. This will help you in developing long-term trust between your brand and your clients.
Your content about freestanding tubs in small bathrooms must be rich enough. This will enable it to appear on the top page of search engines like Google. Enjoying free traffic is better than having to invest in paid ads. In marketing strategies for modern freestanding tubs, high-value content must be prioritized.
3- Create a Marketing Plan
A clear marketing plan is important for a home automation business. That’s because it enables you to map out the specifics of your business and find out about some unknowns. The following are the things to consider when creating a marketing plan:
- The target market. These people are homeowners in the middle to the upper class. And remember that large homes are more profitable compared to smaller homes. You can also market to commercial entities.
- How many resources will you need to open a home automation business? Think of the beginning product line, the insurance, and a workshop. When entering the distributor networks, you’ll have to consider the materials and pre-made products to sell.
- How to make money in home automation? Of course, you’ll make money by selling entertainment suites or even smart security alarms. But you can make more money by providing direct installations. In such cases, clients get charged by the hour. You can also offer updates and repairs.
- How to make the business more profitable? One of the ways to make a profit is by sourcing high-quality reliable smart home products. After deciding on your product line, make sure your brand is trusted and prioritized. Then establish your business’s sales figure goals.
4- Use Social Media Platforms
A lot of startups neglect social media as one of their marketing strategies because they think it’s a lot of work. What they don’t know is that potential clients use these platforms to find more information. So at the very least, you must have a Facebook page.
Ideally, it’s recommended that you have profiles on all major platforms like LinkedIn. You don’t have to post on all your social media accounts every time. But, you have to keep them somewhat current.
You can do this by posting about something interesting you may have read about your industry. You can also post pictures of a recently completed project.
5- Email Marketing
Email marketing is a powerful tool that every business has at its disposal. This strategy works perfectly for home automation companies. You just need to ensure that you have the right email database. Yes, it takes a lot more to take effect. But it brings a huge return on investment.
Including your clients in your email database ensures that you’re in front of them regularly. A lot of brands spend resources trying to acquire new clients and maintain the existing ones. Email marketing ensures that you can do all of that.
Sending your clients a steady stream of industry information is a good way of staying on their minds. And when clients see something that interests them, the sale is as good as closed. That’s because they already know and trust you.
6- Search Engine Optimization
Does your home automation business land on the first page of search results? Outsourcing a digital marketing agency to do search engine optimization is necessary. That‘s because it ensures that you do the right tweaks in line with the SEO guidelines from search engines.
Getting listed on the first page of search results means that you get a traffic boost. The point here is not only about investing in ads as such. It’s also to ensure that you get free traffic. SEO is a one-time worthwhile investment in your digital marketing campaign.
The best way to position yourself in the industry is to take a multi-channel marketing approach. Ensure that you engage with customers in every step of your marketing journey. It helps to foster trust and loyalty. This will ensure that you connect with a varied customer base.